To pass any exam, preparation in the right way is most important. If you’re going to certified in the Splunk Core User Exam, this article is for you. In this article, we’ll discuss the guide for passing this exam.
Who is the Splunk Core Certified User?
A Splunk Core Certified User can use the Splunk software or tool to value the machine data. A Splunk Core Certified User is able to understand the fields, searching, using look-ups, pivots, transforming commands, creating alerts, basic dashboards, or scheduled reports in the Splunk cloud or enterprise platform.
Why the Splunk Core Certified User Program?
Before taking this exam, just take a look at the importance of it. It is a web-based interference software that able a user to search fields, evaluate, calculate, index, co-relate real-time machine-based big data. On the other side, this software also provides security, compliance, application manager.
- Business metrics monitoring
- Search and Investigation of specific fields.
- Troubleshooting in any failure.
- Creates dashboards or reports for analyzing
- Store and Retrieve data for apps.
- Analyze system performance.
- Higher expandability and easy implementation.
- Instinctive interference for the creation of analytical reports.
- Search features.
- Tags for the smarter system.
- Efficient for locating information.
Splunk Core User Certification:
The Splunk Core Certified User is an entry-level certification for navigation of machine data in IT, web-based interference. A person who wants to use the Splunk software to evaluating, big machine data, search specific fields, creating reports, pivots, dashboards in Splunk Cloud, or Splunk enterprise platforms, should take this exam.
Methods of taking Exam:
Candidates can take this exam in two ways.
- In-Person Certificate Exam at the Pearson VUE Testing Centre.
- At home Via Online Proctoring.
For the preparation for this exam, details of the exam must be known.
The candidate can enroll in this exam at 125 USD. Two languages i.e English and Japanese are available to take this exam.
The duration of this exam is 60 minutes, of which 3 minutes are for reviewing of exam’s instruction. There are 65 Multiple Choice Questions that have to be solved in the given time duration.
Candidates should also know the procedure of registration for the Splunk Core Certified User exam. You can follow the below procedure for the registration.
- If you are going to enroll yourself for the first time, you have to connect to the Pearson VUE platform.
- You must have to populate all the required information that they will ask for.
- After populating all the information, you have to wait for the confirmation email of “Authorization to Test” from the Pearson VUE platform. it can take up to 2 days.
- Then you have to create an account on the Pearson VUE platform.
- Now, the home screen will appear. You can select your exam schedule under your eligibility.
- Complete the process of verification. Click on the “Schedule this exam” option then “Proceed to Schedule”.
- After submitting it, the candidate should have to verify the exam details by contact information.
- Read carefully all the privacy policies.
- Populate valid payment information and voucher code then place an order.
- In the last step, now you can get the confirmation email of your registration from the Pearson VUE platform.
Reading carefully the policies is another best key that Candidates should know and learn before starting the preparation of the Splunk Core Certified User exam.
Exam Retake Policy:
-Unfortunately, if the candidate couldn’t pass his/her exam on the first attempt, he/she can register himself/herself after one week and can retake the test.
-If the candidate passed his/her exam successfully, he/she can’t retake the exam or certificate.
-If the candidate wants to retake the Splunk Core Certified User Certificate he/she has to pay a fee i.e. 125 USD.
Exam Rescheduling & Cancelation Policy:
In the policy, the candidate can cancel or reschedule the exam within 24 hours. If the candidate can’t cancel or reschedule the exam within 24 hours, the registration fee of the exam can’t refund or it could be a penalty for you.
Preparation Guide for the Splunk Core Certified User Exam:
After completing and following all the above instructions, it’s time to do preparation for your Splunk Core Certified Exam. So, by following the below recommendations you can succeed in this exam.
Review the Official Content for Exam Guide:
Candidates usually forget to do preparation for the exam according to the official outline of content. It is the most important thing; the candidate must reach out to the official syllabus outline that is provided for the candidates.
Here is the official guide of the Splunk Core Certified User exam along with the weightage of each domain.
- Basics of Splunk. (5%)
- Basics of Searches. (22%)
- Use of specific fields in the search. (20%)
- Basics of language in search. (15%)
- Basic Transformation of Commands. (15%)
- Dashboards and Reports Creation. (12%)
- Uses and Creation on look-ups. (6%)
- Scheduled Reports and Alerts Creation. (5%)
Find Suitable Books:
Books are the most critical requirements for the preparation of any exam. So, it is recommended to find the suitable books of the given official outline topics. Because books have detail information to get knowledge about a particular topic.
Training Courses and Practices:
To learn anything, a practical demonstration is very necessary. So, try to implement or practice the new thing that you’re learning for the preparation for this exam. Because when we learn anything new and do its practical demonstration and practice more and more, then it wouldn’t unlearnt.
1. What is the main purpose of the Splunk Core Certified User Certificate?
The main purpose is the candidate can navigate the Splunk software to value the machine data.
2.What is the prerequisite and validity for this exam?
There is no prerequisite for this exam and valid for 3 years.
3.What is the registration fee and language for this exam?
There is a 125 USD registration fee and this exam is available in two languages i.e. English and Japanese.
4.Can a candidate retake the test if failed?
Yes, by submitting the fee of 125 USD.
Well, the Splunk Core Certified User exam is an entry-level certificate. If you’re interested to learn more about it, you can take advanced courses in this field.